Experienced Concreter / Form Setter wanted
Work with industry professionals to lead and support a wide variety of projects on the Fraser Coast.
- Generous wage packages – package circa $75 – $85k per annum
- Flexible Work hours – family friendly, weekends off, with three weeks leave over Christmas / New Year
- Enjoy work – empowered to enhance our core value of people above all else and translate this to our people practices and culture in a supportive, professional and collegiate work environment.
- Development – opportunities are available for your continued professional growth
- Inclusive – be connected at our all-company monthly meetings and bi-annual family events
- Uniform – branded uniform provided worth ~$250
- Experience job security – we keep our people employed for the long-term by managing our pipeline of work.
- Work in an accredited environment – we are ISO certified for safety, quality and environmental standards.
At JAC Civil, we are not a large, impersonal corporation. We recruit for industry passion, quality skills and alignment to our Values. Your work will advance the Fraser Coast region. Our Values aspire to:
- Take pride in our work, the opportunities we create, the culture we foster and our collective contribution to the communities we live and work within – COMMUNITY
- To operate with genuine respect and care for others in all interactions – AUTHENTICITY
- Advance JAC Civil through the learning and development of our people – LEARNING
JAC Civil started in 2009 in Maryborough, on the beautiful Fraser Coast, by two brothers with a passion for engineering and construction. Their family has lived in the area for five generations so they have a strong local connection. They are proud of their commitment to support their community through local employment and economic contribution.
Together the brothers have grown JAC Civil exponentially over 14 years to employ over 70 people who deliver a range of projects in our local community for numerous government and corporate clients. We are the regions most trusted project delivery partner with a diverse of specialisations in civil and structural infrastructure construction, maintenance, renewal, managing bio-solids and quarrying. To do this, we own and operate an extensive fleet of new and well-maintained plant and vehicles with inhouse servicing capabilities.
Our culture is underpinned by our passion for safety and enjoying the work we do for the community our families live within. As a family-owned company, we value and get to know everyone’s families at a number of hosted gatherings where we connect, relax and celebrate our collective achievements.
About the role:
Reporting to the on-site Civil Supervisors, this role requires an industry professional who is able to establish profiles, build formwork to design levels, place and tie reinforcement and pour concrete for footpaths, kerb & channel, headwalls, aprons, pads, slabs, pre-cast and other concrete structures.
You will set standards to meeting production goals and targets. Ability to work autonomously (sometimes for days at a time), taking accountability for all aspects of allocated tasks and priorities. Proven ability to read, comprehend and execute construction plans and specifications, planning ahead, forecasting and trouble-shooting to solve problems in a calm and effective manner that drives engagement and collaboration.
As an employer we pride ourselves on our positive corporate culture and encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates. You may be passionate about the industry and machinery, be an accomplished supervisor or leading hand with an appetite for more responsibility or simply looking for an improved lifestyle. This is a fantastic opportunity for those who have excelled and are looking for a significant role with a highly-respected market leader.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Commitment and capability to meet production goals and targets
- Ability to consistently meet project delivery standards whilst communicating progress and issue resolution initiatives with the Project Management Team.
- Proficiency and readiness to operate plant and machinery (as necessary), i.e. hold current competencies.
- Efficiency using computer tablets for a range of online supervisory tasks including JACC’s electronic daily diaries, dockets, timesheets and other systems
- Adhere to and implement JACC’s high Safety regulations and environmental standards
- Role model and integrate our organisational Values and behaviors into business processes and practices
- Promote teamwork, mentor, share knowledge and participate in training and meetings.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, having the ability to represent JACC professionally to clients and all other stakeholders
- Having more than 3 years’ experience in a supervisory or lead hand position demonstrating measurable results (not mining)
- A current QLD driver’s license (HR license as minimum, HC is preferable)
An immediate start is on offer, so if you would like to work for a team-orientated company based in Maryborough, please complete this form and upload your CV.